Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: 44101- Home Support Workers, caregivers and related occupations
NOC Job Title: Companion
4714 Olson Ave,
Terrace, British Columbia
Work Location: Work in employer's/ client's home. Optional accommodation is available at NO CHARGE in an event that the caregiver wants to stay. However, THIS IS NOT a condition of employment.
• Assisting my father in walking and doing light exercises.
• Plan and prepare healthy meals for him, followed by clean-up.
• Assist and help him in bathing, dressing, and grooming.
• Accompanying him to the doctor and other outside appointments.
• Providing medication to him, in addition to keeping records of doctor's meetings.
• Observe his behavior or concerns and report the same to the family or doctor on an immediate basis.
• Providing him companionship and taking care of him in a polite and caring manner.
• Maintain a safe and clean environment around him.
• Maintain a record of his behavior and activities for reference purposes.
• Completion of Secondary School.
• Previous experience and/or caregiver program is required.
• Must be able to speak, read and write English. Punjabi speaking is an asset but not a requirement.
• Paid meal breaks.
• 2 weeks' vacation per year
Transportation: Public Transport is available.
How to Apply